Various...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Revolutions


I was asked yesterday what my plans are for 2007 and if I have any resolutions for the new year. On the spur of the moment I said "to quit moaning about being tired". It was kind of as a joke (it's a good one I know, I think I might patent it in case a comedian steals it) but I have now decided that it is actually a good resolution. And more realistic than going to the gym, quit drinking, get a high paid fun job, save more etc etc etc.

However, I am a man (either that or a woman who has really let herself go *thank you Mr D Moran for that one) and as a man, and indeed a Mann, I will not stick to any of the typical resolutions. Although being a non-smoker I might quit smoking, then I know I will succeed.

So yes I am going to quit moaning about being tired. Having thought about it, there 3 main ways to do this:
1) To sleep more, go to bed early and average more than 4-5 hours sleep on work nights.
2) Deal with it.
3) Get a new job.

I suspect that the 2nd one will be the one I will have to do mostly.

Take last night for instance. It was 8pm - time for bed (when you get up at 3:30am), I realised I hadn't eaten, so had a quick pizza, then Vicki called and it then it was 9pm. "Well", I thought, "9pm is ok. That's still six and a half hours". As I went to turn off Stevie the TV off, Monty Python's Life of Brian began on Channel 4. "Oh well, I'll just watch until the first advert break". Thus it was gone 10pm by the time I got to sleep, and I got my average 5 hours again!

But I'm not moaning about being tired. So it looks like I've started the new year with a number 2. Just like I start most days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home