Various...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

You know you're getting old when......


People, well my mum and sister, keep asking me what I want for Christmas. And I truly don't know. Pay off my credit card? Get me a new job? England to win the Ashes? None are realistic really, are they?

Long gone are the days of sitting down to write my list for Father Christmas, with the Argos catalogue, circling toys and games that I want, and always (optimistically) circling the portable TV for my bedroom. I was 18 before this wish was granted, just in time for me to leave home (I had just about stopped writing lists for Santa by then). To be fair my parents reason for me not being allowed one in my room were completely fair and true, I would have done even less homework than I was already doing, and had I had a TV, I'm sure I would have done none.

But really what can I ask for? There are things I want, but they're all boring, practical things such as glasses and house stuff. I can't even think of any CDs or DVDs that I want! So come on, suggestions please.

The good news is that I've done almost all of my shopping for other people already, thanks to www.amazon.co.uk

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In no particular order:
Face mask and snorkel
Clean underwear
One of those toys that guesses what you're thinking in 20 questions
Bobble hat and then...
Mittens with 'L' and 'R' on them
Tap shoes
A red and yellow kite - with TWO separate control strings (you're old enough for one of those now)
A pogo stick!

4:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home