Various...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Showering hasn't been this scary since I visited the Bates Motel


Every morning I go into work and people ask "How are you?"
Invariably my answer is "Oh, you know. Tired."

This week has been worse than normal for tiredness levels. For one reason or another I've not been sleeping very well recently. Combine that with getting up at 3:30am, and no amount of afternoon napping has helped. Tiredness has had various effects on me. Right now I have a 2 week beard, hair like Wurzel Gummage and a headache I've had for 2 days.

This week, Tuesday it was, I had just got up (at 3:30am) and stepped into the shower and something happened that has never happened before. My legs gave way beneath me and if the shower screen hadn't been in the way I would have fallen out of the bath onto the floor or sink.

It scared the hell out of me. My leg muscles simply stopped working for a moment as I headed towards the floor. That can't be good can it?

You'd think that I would have had a nice lie in 'til lunch time today (my day off), but my stupid body clock woke me up at 8am and I couldn't get back to sleep for love nor money.

Oh well, it still beats the being on the hellishly boring late shift, which I don't have to endure until 2007. Right I'm off to shave, drink coffee and take some pain killers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil Dempsey said...

it kills ya, that body clock, doesn't it

esp when you have been drinking copious amounts of alcohol the night b4

2:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home