Various...

Monday, June 19, 2006

A few things


I didn't want to do another football post, so I thought I'd sneak it in like this.


A few things that are a little bit annoying:


- The fact that I am ALWAYS tired (my shift starts at 4:30am, meaning I have to get up at 3:30am. And do I ever go to bed before 10pm? No, I am stupid.)

- Big Brother. There is nothing I am enjoying about it this year. Sorry Sasha but you are a viewer down this year.

- The lack of attacking creativity in England's football team so far in the World Cup. How are the midfielders supposed to create chances for the strikers when they are about 40 yards away from each other?

- The fact I can't sell my sofa or arm chair on eBay.

- England's disappointing performance(s) against Sri Lanka - that's cricket.

- George Bush (there's a whole other post there isn't there?)



OK, enough moaning.

So here's a few things that are making me happy at the moment.


- The fact that Vicki is arriving today to visit me for 6 weeks.

- Watching some quality football teams play some quality football in the World Cup, especially this game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4853028.stm you can watch the highlights on the link on this page. The 2nd goal by Cambiasso was so good it rivals Carlos Alberto's goal for Brazil in 1970.

- Speaking of which check the best 10 goals ever on the link on this page: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5040996.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_sport_worldcupgoals_02_06_2006

- So many of the fans at the World Cup in Germany, last night's South Korean fans for instance, they were absolutely lovin' it.

- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. More 4. Monday - Friday. 8:30pm.

- How much I have planned in the coming weeks, I have no weekends free until the last weekend in July. BBQ Party. Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. England's 5th ODI against Sri Lanka. Paris. Adam's wedding. A birthday surprise. Ok I'll be poor but it'll be fun.

- The fact that summer appears to have arrived.

- The Concretes' In Colour album.

- Big Love. Channel Five. Mondays. 10pm

- Sky +




Lists, don't you love 'em?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ummit said...

Mann, you're loved up!
Got to agree with the Cambiasso call - that was a hell of a goal. One of the best.
South Korea - love 'em. Watched the game in a cafe full of Frenchies and there was no sweeter moment than when the Koreans equalised. Shouts of "Merde!" and "Enculer!" everywhere.

6:15 pm

 
Blogger Neil Dempsey said...

I like Bush!
who is Vicky?
England will ruin the World Cup by playing like Wimbledon against Liverpool (88) and winning the friggin's thing - against Germany!
About time you added a post by the way.
I don't really like Bush, I like Cheney!

7:10 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you never mention me in these messages or Robbie whats that all about???? And dont forget you are always going to be living in the UK!!!!!

4:51 pm

 
Blogger Ric Mann said...

Maybe the reason you've not been mentioned is the same reason that you never have any credit to call me with?

5:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home