Various...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ee eye adio, we won the cup!

b

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006!!

Well it was bloody hard work watching it, so god knows how knackered they were playing it.

After over 2 hours of football, 6 goals, 28 players, lots of shouting (not least by me, at the TV) we won the FA Cup Final on penalties. Now I know we have a great record in penalty shoot-outs (especially in finals) but I always think we are going to lose. I always watch them through the gaps between my fingers, as I always seem to have my hands over my face for penalty shoot-outs. And as has already been said many times already, it was great to have an entertaining final for once.


So apart from the European Cup Final on Wednesday (Come on Arsenal!), it's all about the World Cup now, when no doubt we will have to endure penalties again, probably against Germany (then I will really think we're going to loose).

But now its's time to swap the Liverpool shirt for the England one and hopefully, on July 9th (the soon to be Sir) David Beckham will be lifting the World Cup Trophy for England.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Dempsey said...

I agree with everything you said except the Beckham bit. He's a cock who's ego gets in the way. Gerard and Lampard are the key for England.
I think it needs to be said that Liverpool are (probably) the best finalists in the history of cup finals. We won the best UEFA cup final ever (5-4 Alaves). We won the best Champions League final ever (3-3, pens AC Milan). And now we have won the best FA Cup Final ever(?)...
Well, I love the 2001 Owen final.

Anyway, as the boy Mann says, COME ON ENGLAND, dont ruin our summer.

3:05 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody Beckham hes a dick Gerrard is way better and should be lifting the cup- after all he does it so well for Liverpool! And Robbie should be going to the World Cup too!! Ha Robbie!
Come on Gerrard!

4:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home