Various...

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Radio Ric, Movie Songs


I was watching that film Stranger than fiction the other day, it's really good, despite what you might think of Will Ferrell. And Maggie Gyllenhaal is always good value, as well as being a fitty!
It reintroduced me to Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric.
Films really can make songs better, and vice versa. Which inspired me to make a playlist on iTunes of good songs from movies.
Here are the highlights:
Gary Jules' Mad World from Donnie Darko
The Specials' Ghost Town from Shaun Of The Dead
Queen's Don't Stop Me Now also from Shaun Of The Dead
My sister, Amiee Mann's Wise Up from Magnolia
The entire Natural Born Killers soundtrack, but especially You Belong To Me by Bob Dylan
He Got Game by Public Enemy from, yup He Got Game
Stevie Wonder's I Believe from High Fidelity, again the whole soundtrack would suffice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ummit said...

Might I add "Everybody Knows" from Pump up the Volume, "Layla" in Goodfellas, "Lust for Life" from Trainspotting, and of course the track from a classic moment in Almost Famous, "Tiny Dancer".

2:01 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home