Various...

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A reminder


The G8 summit is with us again. There, there are some crazy protesters, some tree hugging ones; some young, some old; some smelly, some clean; some rich, some poor.

Global Warming has been one of the main topics being discussed, certainly one of the main topics being highlighted by the media.

There have also been reminders about the Live 8 concerts a couple of years ago, and so a reminder that all is not well in Africa, specifically Darfur and the genocide that appears to be continuing there. If you need a reminder about what's going on there then CLICK HERE.

Live 8 might not have "solved Africa" as some claimed it might, but I'm sure it at least brought the troubled continent to people's attention. To see one of the moving highlights CLICK HERE or on the picture above. She really is one of the greatest British female singers ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil Dempsey said...

I like the way they annouce this big deal for Africa, and then meekly say it's re-committing to commiments made two years ago...

that's what I call progress....

1:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home